11/10/09

walking down 14th

i love walking down the street in the morning. everyone is in their own world, maybe enjoying the day or cursing someone under their breath. it's interesting to watch them, they know you're looking but neglect your stares and your thoughts of what they re doing. people are always building their own walls to board up outsiders on the street.
i always wonder if i'm doing the same thing by just walking with my headphones on all the time. i always want to have that welcoming presence about me, but i guess i'm contradicting myself if i do that. i say good morning to the people when they look up at me and smile, & it sorta makes my day when they do that. i don't know, i just find greatness in the simplest of things, even if it is an obligated smile to humanity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
a.b lee
i'm an explorer who hasn't left home yet.
View my complete profile