5/8/10

remember the time.

Essay Question #1: Lang College Essay
When I learn something new, I do it in different phases. I start with the basic subject whatever I’m learning at that point. Then I look up things that are connected with it which gives me a broader horizon on the subject, and I finish it with personal research so I can store it in my mind. My mind is weird, I have to do numerous things to get one thing done, and it’s one reason why I can’t be a chef. A liberal arts education would match the way I learn, with what it stands for, studying different topics. I find a liberal arts education a good way to learn in college, exploring different subjects while adventuring on your own for one of the first times. With me liberal arts would lead to more inspiration for what I want to do, more things to learn, and an opportunity to see things differently.
I found out about Eugene Lang on the College Board website when I was trying to figure out where to go. I saw that this school was located in Greenwich Village and my attention completely focused on the school. I looked at the website, the campus map and the courses that it offers. When I looked at the writing courses I thought this is it, it offers so much for me, a student that wants to be a writer for a living. When I visited the school over the summer I saw how small the classrooms are and how spread out everything was. Everything about it was amazing to me, I saw myself there, learning and writing. Pursuing a degree at Lang would mean that I would have access to all the internships and the opportunities offered with them. I know getting an education at Lang would be a challenge, but right now I’m ready for one. I want to bend back as far as I can there, that’s what I want to do with going to college. I feel that at Lang I won’t get bored, I will be inspired all throughout my time there which is what I need.
---
i sometimes need to read my entrance essays, to remember how excited i was then to go to this school. because right now i'm just like "oh summer get here faster! i want to be done!" but i feel like it's not fair for me to think that. i didn't go as far as i could this year at all. i guess it's because i was still trying to get my balance with everything, or maybe that's me making dumb excuses again. but still next year i'm doing it. i'm going to join the clubs, i'm going to enter the writing contests, i'm gonna get published. i swear i am. i promise myself that i am. i will write everyday this summer.
so with that, i bid adieu for this moment. live life folks. it's only here for one showing
:]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
a.b lee
i'm an explorer who hasn't left home yet.
View my complete profile